Star Wars: A Flicker of Hope
New Brawler Talents
The following new talents belong to the Brawler talent tree (see page 52 of the Saga Edition core rulebook), which is available to members of the soldier class. Any character who can choose talents from the Brawler talent tree can choose these talents as well.
- Cantina Brawler: While flanked, you gain a +2 bonus on unarmed attack rolls and damage rolls.
- Counterpunch: When you fight defensively, any adjacent creature that attacks you provokes an attack of opportunity from you.
Crowd Control: You can grab two adjacent creatures at a time.
- Disarm and Engage: When you successfully disarm an opponent, you can make an immediate free attack with the disarmed weapon at a -5 penalty. If you are not proficient with the weapon, you take the penalty for non proficiency as well.
- Entangler: When grabbing a target, you take a -2 penalty to your attack roll (instead of the normal -5 penalty). Until the target breaks the grab, it takes a -5 penalty to attack rolls, including those made with natural and light weapons (instead of the normal -2 penalty).
- Experienced Brawler: You know how to fight when the odds are against you. You can use each of the following actions as a standard action once per encounter:
Avoid Attack: Make a single melee attack against an opponent within your reach. Until the beginning of your next turn, you gain a +5 dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against a single attack as a reaction.
Fortified Mind: Make a single melee attack against an opponent within your Reach. Until the beginning of your next turn, you gain a +5 bonus to either your Fortitude Defense or Will Defense against a single attack as a reaction.
Focused Stance: Make a single melee attack against an opponent within your reach. At any time until the beginning of your next turn, as a reaction, you can move up to 2 squares. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Prerequisites: Melee Smash, Stunning Strike
- Grabber: You do not take a -5 penalty when using the grab action (see page 152 of the Saga Edition core rulebook).
- Hammerblow: If you are unarmed and holding no items, you double your Strength bonus on unarmed attack rolls.
- Make Do: When fighting with an improvised weapon, you take no penalty on your attack rolls.
- Man Down: Whenever an ally within 6 squares is reduced to 0 hit points, you can immediately move up to your speed toward that ally as a reaction. This movement does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Pick a Fight: During the surprise round, you and all allies within 6 squares of you gain a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls. Additionally, until the end of the encounter, you retain this bonus to attack rolls against any target you or your allies damage during the surprise round.
Prerequisite: Cantina Brawler
- Reverse Strength: You know how to use an opponent’s strength against it. Whenever you successfully grapple an opponent, you deal damage equal to the opponent’s Strength modifier (minimum 1 point).
- Strong Grab: When you successfully grab an opponent, they must use a full-round action instead of a standard action to break the grab.
- Sucker Punch: When your melee attack damages an opponent that is denied its Dexterity bonus to its Reflex Defense, that opponent cannot take attacks of opportunity until the end of its next turn.
Source: Galaxy of Intrigue, p. 23; Legacy Era Campaign Guide, p. 31; Scum and Villainy, pp. 17-18.